Because of its high content of water, fiber and minerals, as well as its low caloric intake, eggplant is a very versatile and ideal food for those who must monitor their weight. In this article, we explain how eggplant helps you reduce abdominal fat, as well as some suggestions and recipes for eating it in a light and original way. In particular, we tell you about the eggplant water based drink and an original and light way of preparing battered aubergines.
Does Eggplant help Reduce Abdominal Fat?
One of the parts where we accumulate more fat deposits is in the waist, both men and women. However, we can reduce abdominal fat with some eating tips and changing some habits in our routine. But why have we selected the eggplant to help us lose weight and reduce waist? Take note of its benefits:
Rich in Water and Fiber
Almost 92% of the eggplant is water, so its caloric intake is very low. In addition, aubergines’ fiber hinders the absorption of fats in the intestine, which regulates cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Also, this high fiber content makes it a very satisfying food.
It is diuretic, so it helps us to eliminate excess fluid from our body. This will be very effective when we feel that we swell easily.
In case we suffer from constipation, the aubergine helps us to fight it naturally thanks to its fiber content. In this way, the intestines will work better and therefore will not become inflamed, which would cause a thickening of the waist.
“Finally, eggplant has depurative properties that help us eliminate toxins from our body”.
So, in addition to reducing accumulations of fat, we will be getting rid of toxic substances that can be the cause of many diseases in the future.
Eggplant should not be eaten raw, as it contains a toxic alkaloid called solanine, which appears much more in the green parts of the plant and in the unripe fruits. Solanine disappears with heat. While it is true that the existing amount is not enough to create intoxication, well cooked do not present any problem for our health.
Discover Eggplant Water
One of the lightest and healthiest ways to benefit from all these properties is to prepare eggplant water:
- Wash a medium eggplant, peel and cut into cubes.
- Put the dice in a dark glass bottle, along with half a liter of water.
- Let it marinate overnight.
- The next morning, add the juice of half a lemon, which will enhance the flavor and properties.
You can drink this beverage half an hour before the main meals for a week. Then, once a month or every time, when you feel that you need it.
Eggplant Coated with Light
Generally we relate the battered food with a large amount of fat and calories, but in this case we propose a delicious and very light way to prepare simple breaded eggplants:
- First, put the eggplant cut into slices soaking, with water and salt, for at least an hour. Let it drain for a while.
- Pass the eggplant slices through beaten and lightly salted egg, and then through ground or flaked oats, depending on whether we like the thickest and crunchiest or finest batter. Oatmeal is also a very nutritious cereal that helps us lose weight.
- Put them in the oven with a little olive oil of good quality and, if you wish, add aromatic spices.
- Bake until the aubergines are tender. They should be very tender inside and with the crunchy batter.
If we have guests we can prepare these breaded eggplants and, for those who do not have to follow a diet, we can also season them with tomato and goat cheese. You already know the benefits of eggplant and how it can help us reduce abdominal fat. However, as we already know, there is nothing miraculous about burning fat and losing weight. The important thing is that we have a balanced diet, exercise regularly and be very disciplined.