The recipes with vegetables to gain weight help us to do it in a healthy way and without putting our health at risk. If we have any questions, it is important to consult a specialist
Contrary to what may be believed, there are people who have difficulty gaining weight. In this case, it is necessary to perform a diet that increases the caloric intake through healthy and nutritious foods. Therefore, today we are going to present 3 recipes with vegetables to gain weight.
In any case, remember that it is important to consult the opinion of a professional.
Why should I gain weight?
Laura González, Head of Health and Nutrition of Nestlé in Spain, explained to Efesalud that it is important to get the right weight. This is because body fat functions as a metabolically active organ, which provides the energy necessary for us to perform our daily activities.
In this regard, he pointed out that it is essential to treat low weight with a specialist so as not to suffer from anemia, bone or muscle weakness. For this task the vegetables are important. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends eating 400 grams of fruits and vegetables per day.
Although vegetables are not characterized by having a high level of carbohydrates or calories, they can act as an important nutritional source. However, today we tell you that these recipes with vegetables to gain weight can provide carbohydrates and calories to the daily diet.
In fact, all vegetables that grow on the surface of the earth are low in carbohydrates, while those that grow under contain higher levels of carbohydrates and calories. This feature will allow you to plan your preparations much better.
- Recipes with vegetables to gain weight
- Brown rice with olives, almonds and dried tomatoes
First, for rice lovers we bring this innovative recipe.
- 1 ½ cup of brown rice (300 g)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (750 g)
- 2 dried tomatoes
- ½ cup of sliced roasted almonds (75 g)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup black pitted olives (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (5 g)
- Salt to taste)
Ingredients for the seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (15 ml)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar (30 ml)
- First, put the rice in cold water and, in another container, the dried tomatoes one hour before cooking. Next, drain the tomatoes and chop them in medium pieces.
- Then, chop the garlic and onion, and sliced the olives.
- Next, heat the vegetable broth and let it boil for a few seconds. Similarly, heat the brown rice in a casserole and sauté the garlic and onion until transparent.
- Then, add the rice, the lemon zest and mix with a spoon for a few minutes. Add the broth and let cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Continue adding the missing ingredients to the previous preparation. Remove little by little and integrate.
- Allow 10 minutes or until the rice is to taste.
- On the other hand, for the seasoning, place in a mortar the vinegar, lemon juice and mustard with garlic cloves.
- Mix well until there is a paste. Add the rice when you have two minutes to finish cooking. Finally, serve it hot.
- Warm broccoli salad
On the other hand, if you want to gain weight, this broccoli salad will help you in your goal.
- 1 large broccoli
- ¼ cup of goat cheese (50 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Provencal herbs (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (15 g)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (5 ml)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar (5 ml)
- First, wash the broccoli and cut it into pieces of different sizes. Then, steam it or microwave it.
- Next, cook the eggs in water until they are hard. Peel and chop the eggs and add them to the broccoli.
- Finished the previous point, crumble the goat cheese and add it to the preparation. Add the Provencal herbs and mix.
- Finally, mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl to make a sauce. Add it to the broccoli and then serve it with some protein.
- Garnishing of roasted vegetables
Finally, we bring you this simple and delicious garnish of grilled vegetables.
- 4 carrots
- 2 turnips
- 2 potatoes
- 4 rutabagas
- 2 parsnips
- 2 tablespoons Provencal herb mixture (30 g)
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of old-fashioned mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (3 g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (3 g)
- Ground pepper and salt (to taste)
- First, preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Next, wash all the vegetables. Then, peel and cut the vegetables in the form of canes.
- Then, mix in a bowl the lemon juice with mustard, spices and olive oil. Add the vegetables.
- Then, stir the vegetables until they are well moistened with the previous mixture.
- On the other hand, distribute the vegetables in a tray, previously greased, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Finally, stir and return to the oven for 15 or 20 minutes more.
These three recipes with vegetables to gain weight are ideal, since they provide a high level of nutrients. In fact, they are healthy and perfect to include in any of the three main meals. In this way, they will help you gain weight naturally.
However, it is important that you seek the advice of a professional. Thus, you will have other alternatives that will allow you to gain healthy weight, apart from vegetables to gain weight.